Welcome to the Heaven and Hell Together Website
This website is primarily concerned with the early years of Australian, and in particular Tasmanian history, from the perspective of our ancestral families and their descendants. For the principle families see the Books page. There is more about the website and the site moderators on the About Us page. If you're looking for something specific use the search function, and if you wish to reproduce material from this website see the Copyright Guidelines page for further information.
Active forum topics
- First voyage of the Forth
- Mary Atkins
- Ancestors of James Wilson
- Bream Creek
- Who is Constable Rayner?
- First White Tasmanian Native
- The Wilson-Boag (Boak) Connection
- The Horton District
- Early Rayner Arrivals
- James Peck and Catherine Swann
- The Clissold Family
- Children of William Bellinger and Mary Shaw
- A letter from Molesworth Jeffery
William John George Wheatley was born on 1 March 1828 at Strangford in Brighton, Tasmania. He was the eldest child of John George Wheatley and Charlotte Kearley. The infant was baptised on the day his parents were married on 27 November 1828 at St. Matthew's Church, New Norfolk.1 Barbara Hobbs, Jean and Reg McDonell, and Owen Wilson provided most of the following material about William's life.
- 1. Archives office of Tasmania (AOT): Register of Births, New Norfolk, 1828 [RGD 32/1 registration no. 2872.] St Matthew's Baptism Register, 1828 [NS 489/1] (baptised by Rev H R Robinson).