Welcome to the Heaven and Hell Together Website
This website is primarily concerned with the early years of Australian, and in particular Tasmanian history, from the perspective of our ancestral families and their descendants. For the principle families see the Books page. There is more about the website and the site moderators on the About Us page. If you're looking for something specific use the search function, and if you wish to reproduce material from this website see the Copyright Guidelines page for further information.
Active forum topics
- First voyage of the Forth
- Mary Atkins
- Ancestors of James Wilson
- Bream Creek
- Who is Constable Rayner?
- First White Tasmanian Native
- The Wilson-Boag (Boak) Connection
- The Horton District
- Early Rayner Arrivals
- James Peck and Catherine Swann
- The Clissold Family
- Children of William Bellinger and Mary Shaw
- A letter from Molesworth Jeffery
George Wilson is the tenth and youngest child of James Wilson and Catherine Boak. George's birth is reported to have occurred on 12 December 1803 in Uphall, West Lothian, Scotland.1 This event is not recorded on either Scotland's People or the International Genealogical Index.2 George is however an acknowledged child of James and Catherine Wilson due to the overwhelming evidence of later documentation.
- 1. Rackham, Margaret, Family Group Sheets, "Wilson Descendants," Book 2, Page 3.
- 2. Rackham, Margaret, Family Group Sheets, "Wilson Descendants," Book 2, Page 3. Scotland's People is "a partnership between General Register Office for Scotland, the National Archives of Scotland and the Court of the Lord Lyon enabled by Brightsolid". The International Genealogical Index is "An official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."